Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tasty Treat

Ever since Dunkin Donuts debuted their Frozen Hot Chocolate, I have been dying to get my hands on a recipe.  After much searching and not finding one that I truly liked, I came up with my own.  The key here is Hershey's cocoa powder.  Okay, I'm a little biased, as I just came back from Hershey Park with a chocolate hangover.  But, I just don't think the standard packaged hot cocoa mix will be nearly as good.  Soooo....here's the recipe.  Try it out and see what you think.  You can modify it to your liking.  Taste testing is fun!!!

Recipe makes about a three 6 ounce cups.

Fill blender about half full with ice cubes.  I added a few extra.  
1 1/4 cup milk (added the extra 1/4 cup when I thought it was a little too thick)
2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream (you could add heavy cream to give it a smooth texture also)
about 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tsp Hershey's Cocoa powder
3 tbsp sugar
Blend to desired consistency.  I had to spoon it out of the blender, but that is completely up to you.
Pour into a glass, add whipped cream and a smile:)





No comments:

Post a Comment