Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

First Effort

Okay, so I decided last fall after my father passed to plant this garlic that he had sitting in his garage.  It had been harvested, probably around now last year.  This garlic has been in our family for a very long time.  I remember the smell of it lingering around at my grandparent's house when I was a little kid.  So as soon as I happened upon it, those memories hit me like a brick!
In October I decided to plant it, and low and behold I grew a small crop of garlic.  But, there are lessons to be learned here.  I planted the cloves too close to each other and I should have planted a lot more.
However, as we approach the 1 year anniversary of my Dad's passing, I felt it was a perfect time to post this.  Every year, as long as I can keep the harvest going, it will serve as a reminder to me of years past when I was a child visiting with my grandparents and my Dad!



Aaaaahhhhhh....I can smell it!  And may I add, it tastes wonderful!  There is nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment