Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Feeling Knotty

Haven't posted in a while.  I have been on vacation and cleaning.  Unfortunately, I haven't been crafting all that much.  But, just starting to get back in the swing!
We vacation in Cape Cod a couple times a year, and I absolutely love it there!  I love all things beach related.  Let me add, I don't like excessive heat.  So, not so much tropical beach related, but New England beach.  I love the rocky coast line, I love sailboats, starfish, sand dollars, and all things nautical.  I was inspired to decorate my house in this fashion.  But not cheesy beach,  more like Potterybarn beach decor.  I especially love the Nantucket style shingled houses and Hydrangea.  And everyone seems to have flower beds and hydrangea surrounding their homes.  So these are the things I use to decorate my house.  I bring a lot of ideas home with me each time!

My most recent craft actually took place before I left for vacation.  I used my love of nautical things to make these beach inspired bracelets and a braided rope necklace.  Hope you enjoy!











This morning I decided to try my hand at a nautical knot.  I am going to use this pattern to make a rug for my from door.  Not bad for a first timer!

No comments:

Post a Comment